Battlefield V’s ambitious post-launch journey, Tides of War, has now officially kicked off with the release of Chapter 1: Overture. Updates on PC, PS4 and Xbox One have all gone live. In this first release of new content for the game, Overture brings a new Battlefield experience filled with tank-themed gameplay.
You’ll see this in the thrilling new War Story, the new multiplayer map Panzerstorm and new vehicle customisation. As a reminder, in Battlefield V all post-launch Tides of War content is free for ALL players.
On November 14, Battlefield V became the first game to utilise DXR ray tracing when the first release of DXR became available via the 11/14/2018 Update.
Since then, EA and DICE have been working closely with NVIDIA to rapidly optimise DXR Ray Tracing in the game, improving performance up to 50%.
- GeForce RTX 2080 Ti gamers will now be able to achieve 60+ FPS at 1440p resolution with DXR Raytraced Reflections set to Ultra quality.
- GeForce RTX 2080 gamers will now be able to achieve 60+ FPS at 1440p resolution with DXR Raytraced Reflections set to Medium quality.
- GeForce RTX 2070 gamers will now be able to achieve 60+ FPS at 1080p resolution with DXR Raytraced Reflections set to Medium quality.
Watch NVIDIA’s video onGeForce.com to learn more about the DXR performance improvements in Battlefield V.
New War Story: The Last Tiger
- The latest War Story puts fans in the driver seat of one of the most fearsome tanks of World War 2, the Tiger I, as a German commander leading his troops as the Twelfth US Army Group presses against the German border. Similar to all the War Stories in the game, this is showing the untold and unexpected sides of the war. Think of The Last Tiger as Das Boot meets Black Hawk Down and you’ll have a sense for the tone and action DICE is pursuing with this War Story.
New Map: Panzerstorm
- This brand new map is a tank-focused arena where players will roll across ridges, ditches, and elevated roads with a massive force of armour, carving a path of destruction through the countryside. The map takes place where the German mechanised war machine plunges into Belgium, smashing into Allied defensive forces.
- In Overture, DICE will introduce the long-awaited Practice Range where players will be able to explore various weapons and vehicles, including the base weapons for each class and bombing runs in their favourite planes.
More Exciting Updates
- Overture will also bring new vehicle customisations and cosmetics to the game, along with a variety of updates and fixes based on the community’s feedback. All of the bug fixes can be found in the detailed report and blog found here.