Buckle up Sonic fans! Today, SEGA released the first video in a series of new Team Sonic Racing™ spotlight gameplay videos, showcasing some of the key gameplay elements featured in the high-octane multiplayer racing experience. In the premiere video, watch as Sonic and Friends work together using unique team-based moves to race past rival teams. Fans will also be treated to the debut footage of Team Rose, a loveable new trio, and Ice Mountain, a frozen terrain that challenges players across all skill levels.
Developed by award-winning studio Sumo, Team Sonic Racing is the ultimate arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing experience, featuring your favourite characters and environments from across the Sonic Universe. Race together and win together in online multiplayer or local co-op mode utilising the dynamic team mechanics and vehicle customisation features to dash across the finish line.
Prepare to assist teammates and knock out opponents with a variety of fast-paced moves, including:
- Skimboost: Boost struggling teammates back into action as you drive by!
- Slingshot: Slipstream a teammate for a slingshot boost!
- Rival Takedown: Knock out highlighted opponents ahead and speed past them!
- Item Box Transfer: Send and receive Wisps with teammates anywhere on the track!
- Team Ultimate: Use Team Mechanics to fill your Team Ultimate meter and unleash a massive team boost!
Team Sonic Racing is geared up to release this summer on Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.