The future is looking bright for pirates as Sea of Thieves’ fourth free major content update, Shrouded Spoils, is available to players starting today, Thursday, November 29.
A treasure trove of new content, Shrouded Spoils responds to feedback from the Sea of Thieves community and features new content and improvements to give a deeper and richer experience. From offering new twists on favourite encounters to giving new riches and spoils to uncover, Shrouded Spoils has something for everyone including:
- The addition of fog that can appear suddenly and cloak all manner of dangers at sea and on land.
- New Merchant Alliance items to find including the explosive Mega-keg, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust and Mermaid Statue Gems.
- More skeleton forts to take on as six new forts become active making nine in total.
- Improved skeleton ships including the addition of a new skeleton sloop, a new ‘Battle of the Devil’s Roar’ skeleton ship skirmish and the addition of roaming skeleton ships who display varying levels of aggression.
- New ways to express yourself including all-new ship customisations – cannons, wheels and capstans – and the time-limited ‘Wailing Barnacle’ ship and cosmetic set.
- A range of new Pirate Legend Commendations for Athena Levels 1-10.
- More frequent appearances from the Kraken (who’s also learned some new tricks), a range of new Megalodon variants to find and rewards and commendations for defeating these monsters.
The Shrouded Spoils update is available for free to all Sea of Thieves players who have bought the game across the Xbox One family of devices or on Windows 10 PC, or who have access to it as part of Xbox Game Pass.