BlizzCon 2017 is now in full swing, and the Anaheim Convention Centre is buzzing with excitement! In case you missed the Opening Ceremony, here’s a compiled a list of all the exciting announcements. Further details and more announcements will be posted periodically as they are revealed.
- Free-to-play: Starting 15 November, players will be get free access to the acclaimed Wings of Liberty campaign, ranked ladder play, and all Co-Op Commanders up to level five. More details can be found here.
- Mira Han and Matt Horner: the newest Co-op Commander is actually two commanders in one: command a devastating mixture of high-powered Dominion air units as Matt Horner and fast-moving ground units as Mira Han.
Heroes of the Storm
- Hanzo and Alexstraza: Two new heroes, Dragons of the Nexus, will bring new and dramatically different styles of play to Heroes of the Storm later this year.
- New changes including Performance Based Matchmaking, Voice Chat, and the 2018 Gameplay Update continue to refine the action and make Heroes even more fun and challenging than before.
- Kobolds & Catacombs: The next expansion, coming in December, will bring players down into the dungeons beneath Azeroth and equip them with 135 wondrous new cards, including nine new class-specific Legendary Weapons. Details can be found here.
- Dungeon Runs: Kobolds & Catacombs also brings with it a brand new single-player game mode featuring challenging, high-stakes subterranean journeys inspired by the classic fantasy dungeon crawl. Dungeon Runs are free for all players; no pre-built decks are required for entry.
- Free Legendary Cards: To celebrate the new expansion, all players will receive a free legendary minion, Marin the Fox, on 7 November, as well as a free random legendary weapon for logging in when Kobolds & Catacombs launches.
- Eager treasure seekers can pre-purchase the new expansion card packs in a special 50-pack bundle for the price of 40 (one purchase per account) and receive the jewel-encrusted “For the Hoard!” card back for free!
- For more info, visit www.KoboldsandCatabcombs.com
- Blizzard World: An amusement park celebrating the worlds of Diablo, StarCraft, and Warcraft serves as the location for this new map.
- Moira: A new hero, the life-draining geneticist named Moira, will soon be joining the fray.
- “Honour and Glory”: In the latest in the acclaimed series of animated shorts, viewers journey into Reinhardt’s past as he wrestles with a decision whether to answer Winston’s call to join the newly reforming Overwatch. Watch the new short here.
World of Warcraft
- Battle for Azeroth: In the next expansion, the war between the Horde and the Alliance reignites as players embark on a journey to recruit new allies, race to claim the world’s mightiest resources, and fight on several fronts to determine which faction will lead Azeroth into its uncertain future. More details can be found here.
- View the epic Battle for Azeroth intro cinematic here.
- World of Warcraft Classic: In addition to a new expansion, Blizzard also announced early plans to develop a gameplay experience that recaptures players’ first journeys into the original World of Warcraft.
- Shadow the Fox: A plushy version of the previously released in-game charity pet will be available for purchase starting later this month. Sales of the plush will benefit both American Red Cross Disaster Relief and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Disaster Relief Emergency Fund.
There’s plenty of surprises, announcements, and, of course, eSports action in store at BlizzCon this weekend, and you can catch it all from the comfort of your own home with the Virtual Ticket. Stay tuned. The fun has just begun!