Earlier today, Sean “Day” Plott and Hearthstone Game Director Ben Brode revealed the final cards for Kobolds & Catacombs, the latest Hearthstone expansion, due out this Friday 8 December AEDT/NZDT!
The new cards unveiled during the livestream included two Legendary cards: the Hunter Legendary weapon, Rhok’delar, and the mysterious being The Darkness. In addition to new cards, the duo also dived into a dungeon run together to see how far they could go.
You can watch the VOD on Twitch to see how their run went, as well as see Kobolds & Catacombs cards in action. You can also check out the cards that were revealed today, as well as the entire set of Kobolds & Catacombs cards on the Hearthstone website.
Don’t forget about the launch rewards you’ll receive just for logging in on Friday:
- Random Legendary Weapon card
- Three Kobolds & Catacombs card packs
- One-time Dungeon Run quests that award a Kobolds & Catacombs card pack each, for a total of three more card packs
What is Kobolds & Catacombs?
In Kobolds & Catacombs, the new expansion for Blizzard Entertainment’s smash-hit digital strategy card game Hearthstone, Azeroth’s boldest adventurers will embark on an unforgettable expedition inspired by the classic fantasy dungeon crawl. Players will delve deep into the vast underground caverns unearthed by those notorious, pesky Kobolds, where they’ll discover all manner of treacherous traps, long-forgotten monsters, and glorious treasure with 135 new cards to collect.
Players can pre-purchase card packs now, and receive the For the Hoard! card back to use right away before the set releases on 8 December AEDT/NZDT.
· Dungeon Runs – A completely free, replayable standalone single-player mode that offers 48 unique encounters and a huge assortment of new cards created just for this mode.
· Legendary Weapons – For the first time ever, every class gets a Legendary Weapon, and all players get one free at launch!
· Unidentified Magic Items – These mysterious cards gain new powers when they enter your hand.
· Spellstones – Play your Spellstone card immediately, or empower it by fulfilling specific actions for a greater effect.
· New Keyword: Recruit – Dungeon delving is dangerous, so bring your friends with the new Recruit keyword which summons a random minion from your deck.