Deep Silver and 4A Games have announce that, after five years of development, Metro Exodus has gone Gold and will release a week earlier than anticipated. The spectacular third entry in the critically acclaimed Metro saga will now release on 15th February 2019, on Xbox One, the all-in one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and PC.
“Our fans have been waiting patiently for Metro Exodus ever since we announced the title at E3 2017,” said Klemens Kundratitz, CEO at Deep Silver. “We had previously delayed the release date to ensure 4A Games had the time to deliver their ambitious vision for the game, but now we’re delighted to confirm that Metro Exodus has ‘gone gold’ and we are able to bring the release date forward to February 15th, 2019.”
To celebrate this news, Deep Silver are proud to reveal the spectacular Title Sequence for Metro Exodus.
Created by Santa Monica based studio, Elastic, the award-winning makers of some of the most iconic title sequences of recent years including Game of Thrones and Westworld, this beautiful introduction to the game is set to an original score by Metro series composer Alexey Omelchuk.
“We were absolutely thrilled to be contacted by the team at Deep Silver and 4A Games to create this Main Title Sequence,” said Andy Hall, Creative Director at Elastic. “It’s the type of project we love. Once we had been immersed in the game, we essentially lived in this frozen and terrifying landscape for many, many weeks… we are delighted with the final film.”
MORE ABOUT METRO EXODUS
The year is 2036.
A quarter-century after a nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro.
They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war.
But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first-person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.
Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.
Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customise your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness, a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over, the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…