Deep Silver and 4A Games debuted the latest Metro Exodus trailer during the NVIDIA® GeForce® Gaming Celebration which kicked off tonight at the Palladium in Cologne, Germany ahead of Gamescom 2018.
Thousands of kilometres from the ruins of Moscow, Artyom and his companions discover what seems like paradise – a lush, green valley, teeming with life. But if their years in the Metro have taught them one thing, it is this: the night brings terror.
And here, terror has a new face…
Metro Exodus is playable at Gamescom on the Deep Silver booth in Hall 9, at the Xbox Booth in Hall 8 and at the GeForce Gaming Celebration event where players can experience the game on NVIDIA’s new generation of GeForce RTX GPUs. Powered by the new NVIDIA Turing™ GPU architecture and the revolutionary NVIDIA RTX (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/20-series/) platform, the new GPUs bring together real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence, and programmable shading. Metro Exodus incorporates RTX ray tracing-enabled Global Illumination – delivering to games a stunning revolution rendered in real time.
Metro Exodus releases on 22nd February 2019 and pre-orders are now live across all major physical retail stores. Fans can secure The Aurora Limited Edition and check out the range of pre-order offers at www.metrothegame.com/preorder
- Xbox One physical pre-orders include a copy of Metro 2033 Redux – the first game in the Metro saga, remastered for the Xbox One.
- PlayStation 4 physical pre-orders include a stunning Dynamic Theme based on the Metro Exodus ‘Winter’ artwork.
- PC physical pre-orders include a digital art book and the Metro Exodus OST.
Regardless of where or how you buy, no in-game content has been reserved for pre-order – fans can order safe in the knowledge that however, wherever or whenever they buy Metro Exodus, they are getting the full experience as 4A Games intended it.
MORE ABOUT METRO EXODUS
The year is 2036.
A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro.
They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war.
But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first-person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.
Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.
Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet.
- Embark on an Incredible Journey – Board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – A gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels.
- A Beautiful, Hostile World – Discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather.
- Deadly Combat and Stealth – Scavenge and craft in the field to customise your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Choices Determine your Comrades’ Fate – Not all companions will survive the journey; decisions have consequences in this gripping storyline which offers massive re-playability.
- The Ultimate in Atmosphere and Immersion – A flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game.