In a new Indie World video, Nintendo previewed a variety of indie games coming to Nintendo Switch in 2020 accompanied by independent developers from around the world – and announced two titles that launched today.
The diverse line-up of games highlighted in the video includes Axiom Verge 2, the sequel to the critically acclaimed Axiom Verge; Sports Story, from the creators of the popular Nintendo Switch exclusive Golf Story; and retro-inspired beat’em up Streets of Rage 4. The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition and Dauntless round out 2019’s strong line-up of indie content and are available now on Nintendo Switch.
Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:
- Axiom Verge 2 from Thomas Happ Games: Discover the origins of the Axiom Verge universe in the long-awaited sequel to the critically acclaimed game. Axiom Verge 2 launches for Nintendo Switch in spring 2020.
- Sports Story from Sidebar Games: From the creators of Golf Story comes a new adventure full of golf, tennis, dungeons, espionage, mini-games and plenty of friends – and enemies – to meet along the way. Sports Story launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch in mid-2020.
- Dauntless from Phoenix Labs: Join millions of players in Dauntless, the fastest growing online action-RPG, and explore a massive, free-to-play online world. Stand together and slay Behemoths with your friends from all over the world with true cross-play with Dauntless out now on Nintendo Switch. Exclusive to Slayers on Nintendo Switch, the Skyfighter Armor and Skymetal Weapon Set ensure that you look your best on the hunt. This cosmetic set includes weapon skins for all 7 weapon types in Dauntless and a stylish armour set.
- The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition from Croteam: Tasked to solve a series of more than 120 complex puzzles, players will divert drones, manipulate laser beams and replicate time to prove their worth. The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition is out now Nintendo Switch!
- Streets of Rage 4 from Dotemu / Guard Crush Games / Lizardcube: Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the legendary Streets of Rage trilogy’s beat’em up gameplay with new mechanics, a fresh story and a gauntlet of dangerous stages with a serious crime problem. There will be plenty of braised chicken lying around on plates and bad guys to beat down when Streets of Rage 4 comes to Nintendo Switch in the first half of 2020.
- Bake ’n Switch from Streamline Media Group: In this party brawler that’s all about food, up to four players* work as a team to punch, combine and bake dough before times runs out. Bake ’n Switch cooks up something special on Nintendo Switch in winter 2020.
- Sail Forth from The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild: There’s nothing quite like a high-seas adventure combining classic naval action with exploration. In Sail Forth, the entire map is procedurally generated, with players discovering islands to explore, quests to take, sailors to rescue and pirates to loot. Sail Forth docks on Nintendo Switch in 2020.
- Murder by Numbers from Mediatonic: From TV studios to glitzy award shows, players must uncover a tangled web of conspiracy, deception and, of course, murder, as they piece together the truth one pixel at a time. Featuring music from Masakazu Sugimori, the composer behind Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Viewtiful Joe, Murder by Numbers launches first as a timed exclusive on Nintendo Switch in early 2020.
- Dreamscaper from Afterburner Studios: Sometimes the only way to face a tough subject is head on … even if that means battling a nightmarish depression living inside a young woman’s subconscious. Combining a brawler, a top-down shooter and a dungeon crawler, Dreamscaper launches first on Nintendo Switch as a timed exclusive on consoles in early 2020
- Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath from Oddworld Inhabitants: In this classic action-adventure game, players will wield Stranger’s unusual crossbow that fires off rounds of literally live ammo – from rodents to bugs. With updated first-person shooter controls and gyroscopic aiming, the definitive version of this classic launches for Nintendo Switch in January 2020, with pre-purchase available today.
In a live-streamed Indie World presentation, Nintendo revealed an exciting line-up of upcoming indie titles for Nintendo Switch. Dauntless and The Talos Principe: Deluxe Edition are out now, while Axiom Verge 2, Sports Story, Streets of Rage 4 and more are set to arrive in 2020.