Razer has, today, announced today a partnership with home networking partner, Ignition Design Labs, creators of the award-winning Portal Wi-Fi router. The companies collaborated to optimize features and performance of the Portal router specifically for gaming.
While evolving its ecosystem of hardware and software for gaming and entertainment, Razer identified device connectivity as a major area needing improvement. A sub-par router is often the cause of lag, screen tearing and buffering when enjoying live-streamed content, three issues that commonly plague gamers. Mesh-capable Portal Wi-Fi routers help prevent these glitches. With key technologies, Portal successfully addresses the demands of high bandwidth gaming and streaming applications.
“Razer continually transforms categories to redefine the meaning of ‘ultimate performance,’” says Razer Co-Founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan. “Now we’re elevating Wi-Fi to meet that standard. It’s vital to creating the best gaming and entertainment experiences for our fans all over the world.”
Terry Ngo, CEO of Ignition Design Labs, said the following: “As engineers, we’re passionate about technology and beautiful design. We’ve built high-performance Wi-Fi solutions for some of the most iconic names in consumer electronics. We’re thrilled now to be partnering with Razer to transform Wi-Fi networking into a competition-beating advantage for the world’s foremost gaming and entertainment ecosystem.”
Details on Portal
- Available early 2018 for AU$279.95.
- Patented congestion-busting technologies enabling fastest speeds and lowest latency, critical for the best gaming experiences
- FastLanes Simultaneous Multi-Channel DFS technology enables your devices to operate in exclusive radar-protected channels avoiding unreliable & slow WiFi in peak hours
- SmartLanes Intelligent Active Traffic and Interference Avoidance technology steers your devices to uncrowded, clean, fast channels
- Latest Generation Quad-Stream 802.11ac with Wave-2 MU-MIMO providing powerful Gigabit connectivity for advanced mobile and gaming devices
- Advanced QoS (quality of service) management prioritizes gaming traffic for optimum speed and latency
- Mesh 2.0 establishes a blanket of fast, ultra-reliable WiFi coverage for homes up to 6,000 sq. ft. using just two Portal units (where other competitors require three units or more)
- WiFi AutoPilot adaptive roaming technology steers high bandwidth client devices to the fastest channel and the closest mesh node for optimum performance