This morning’s PlayStation 5 (“PS5”) reveal excited and delight fans the world over! Not only did Sony give us the first official look at the PS5’s design and lineup of accessories, they also showcased a string of games that will be available.
The livestream showed off the console, which comes in a bold, two-tone design marking a radical departure from previous PlayStation consoles. The PS5 will launch with two options: a standard model with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive, and a digital model without a disc drive. This gives gamers the choice of whether to go all digital or have a physical collection.
Of course, hardware wasn’t the only feature. The livestream also showcased some of the games that will define gaming on the PS5.
“With PlayStation 5, we are making a significant leap to deliver a truly new generation of transformative play experiences that will redefine expectations for what games can be,” said Jim Ryan, President and CEO of SIE. “Worlds will be richer and more beautiful, they’ll captivate your senses in ways you didn’t think possible, and you’ll be able to experience them much more seamlessly, with lightning fast loading. Today’s showcase is just a glimpse of what’s to come in the next generation, and we want to thank our community for taking this journey to PS5’s launch with us.”
Here’s a list of games that were revealed and will be coming to the new console.
PS5 Games from SIE Worldwide Studios and second-party partners
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)
- Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Returnal (Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV)
PS5 Games from third-party publishers and developers
- Bugsnax (Young Horses)
- DEATHLOOP (Bethesda)
- Ghostwire™: Tokyo (Bethesda)
- Godfall™ (Gearbox Publishing / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High (KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3 (IO Interactive)
- JETT : The Far Shore® (Superbrothers)
- Kena: Bridge of the Spirits (Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside (Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm™ (Oddworld Inhabitants™)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Project Athia* (Square Enix/Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom)
- Solar Ash (Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard (Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)
In addition to the console hardware and games, Sony also announced new PS5 accessories, including:
- PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – offering 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones;
- HD Camera – featuring dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments;
- Media Remote – a remote control with built-in microphone to navigate movies and streaming services with ease; and
- DualSense™ Charging Station – for convenient charging of two DualSense™ Wireless Controllers.
No details on pricing have yet to be revealed at this stage.