The Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta is nearly here on PlayStation 4, and below you’ll find all the details you need to know about what to expect and how to get in on the action when the beta deploys on August 26 in Australia and New Zealand.
Sledgehammer Games Message
Last week, Sledgehammer Games released a special message to let everyone know what to expect from the Private Multiplayer Beta, which is just a small part of the full multiplayer mode, and to thank everyone for taking part as this will help hone the final experience when the full game launches on November 3.
“We love the active dialogue we have with the Call of Duty community, and value the exchange of ideas and constructive feedback we have with fans. Your feedback will help us finalise features, optimise gameplay balance, and refine the remaining development roadmap to launch. So please explore, rank up, and have fun. Share as much feedback as you can – everything helps. The development team will be playing non-stop, and we’ll be monitoring performance and collecting valuable data around the clock.”
How To Get Into The Private Multiplayer Beta
To gain access to the Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta, you need to pre-order the game at a participating retailer. Head over to www.callofduty.com/beta for more details. If you pre-order from the PlayStation Store, you can pre-download now to jump right into the action once the Beta starts on Aug 26 at 5am NZST.
Private Multiplayer Beta Dates
The Private Multiplayer Beta will be split into two weekends for PlayStation 4 players. Weekend 1 starts at 5am NZST on August 26 and will last until August 29 at 5am NZST. Weekend 2 starts at 5am NZST on September 2, and will end at 5am NZST on September 5.
Private Multiplayer Combat Pack
Players of the Private Multiplayer Beta will also receive the Private Multiplayer Beta Combat Pack when the game launches on November 3rd. The pack includes a specially-themed Private Multiplayer Beta Helmet, Calling Card, and Emblem. Wear them with pride in multiplayer after launch and prove to the world that you were there from the start.
Also, players who pre-order the game at select retailers will receive the Divisions Pack. This pack includes five Premium Gear Sets inspired by the five Divisions in Call of Duty: WWII multiplayer.
- Infantry Division riflemen are always in the thick of it with finely-tuned rifles and impeccable marksmanship.
- Well-equipped with incendiary rounds and tactical grenades, the Expeditionary Division’s shotguns literally pack heat.
- Airborne Division paratroopers endure extreme physical conditioning to out manoeuvre opponents with their submachine guns.
- Focused on stealth and target identification, Mountain Division snipers generate constant fear in the enemy and strike when least expected.
- Armoured Division soldiers are the best supplied in battle and hold down positions with their explosives and light machine guns.
Players will experience a variety of iconic WWII locations throughout Europe, including a brand-new map that hasn’t been seen before.
Ardennes Forest: Battle through the frigid snow-covered forest of the Ardennes during the Battle of the Bulge, the brutal final major offensive effort by the German army to punch through the Allied front lines. Engagements are fast and deadly in the dangerous, snow-covered woodland ruins. Stay alert in this medium size map fortified with emplaced MG42 machine guns waiting to annihilate enemy combatants.
Gibraltar: Battle through the fortified bastion and steep cliffs of Gibraltar, built as a strategic defence of the Mediterranean Sea and a major refueling and supply station for the Allied forces during WWII. Prepare for multilevel combat engagements and treacherous terrain in one of the most densely fortified and fought over places in Europe. Don’t neglect the lower lane, and use the defence batteries there to pick off flankers.
Pointe du Hoc: Fight through a fortified network of German bunker complexes atop the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc, an important strategic target overlooking the beaches of Normandy. Engage in fast-paced, close-quarters combat in the trenches, or flank the enemy in a brutal fight to lock down the nearby farmhouse and bunkers for control of key access routes to the bluff.
Additionally, players will be able to take part in Call of Duty: WWII’s War Mode. This is an all-new game mode where players must work as a team to defeat the enemy. Allied and Axis forces clash in team-driven assault and defend missions for key strategic objectives.
- Fight for control of a war-torn French village west of St. Lo, an important operation in the Allied push onward and out of the beachhead at Normandy. Allied and Axis forces clash for control of a strategic manor to secure a forward operating position. Bridge construction, ammo depot demolition and tank escorts are key strategic tasks in this do or die mission to dominate the enemy. Choose your equipment wisely. Wvery decision can mean the difference between victory and defeat in this narrative driven, objective-based multiplayer experience – a first for Call of Duty.
Join the team on the battlefield and be sure to provide feedback to Sledgehammer Games throughout your experiences in the Private Multiplayer Beta.